Visa & Residency Guide

Plannig to relocate? Join the discussion

🇲🇽 México

Long-stay Visa

Temporary resident visa

Visa Information

A temporary resident visa (TRV) is the first step if you want to stay in Mexico for more than 180 days but less than 4 years. Once you arrive to Mexico, you must present the TRV at the National Migration Institute (INM) within the first 30 days of arrival, in order to receive a temporary resident card which will allow you to stay in the country for up to four years, depending on your circumstances.

Employment requirements

You own a location independent business (and/or) You work remotely for a company based outside of Mexico

School Information

There are no laws prohibiting homeschooling in Mexico. Kids can also attend an international school.

Income requirements

$1620/month or bank balance of $27,000

Covid Travel Info

Current Travel Restriction: None

  • Active Cases: 373412

  • Today Cases: 10139

  • One Case/People: 36

Detailed Information

To apply for the Temporary resident visa you need to consider the following requirements.

  • Insurance: No requirement

  • Duration: 1 year

  • Costs: $40

  • Income: $1620/month or bank balance of $27,000

Need Help?

Ask our visa experts and start to relocate or join the discussion.